Ownership one Investor
at a time
Move from Owing to Owning.
Join your neighbors and invest
in your Community. #InvestCIT
The community Investment Trust (CIT) builds the possibility to strengthen communities and create empowered lives. The CIT offers a long-term path to collective, communal ownership of real-estate for investors from $10 - $100 /month. Ultimately, we are commited to working together to build more productive and resilient communities in the Pacific Northwest.
What is CIT?
The Community Investment Trust is Mercy Corps Northwest’s innovative financial inclusion tool that breaks down barriers for low dollar investors.
The CIT is making it possible for people to invest alongside their neighbors in Plaza 122, a thriving, diverse and local commercial property in East Portland.
Our first CIT is in east Portland (Oregon) and is open to all those who live within zip codes 97216, 97230, 97233 or 97236.
Investors make money by following our Learn-Invest-Profit steps:
Through the CIT class, investors LEARN how to Move from Owing to Owning, then enroll to INVEST $10, $25, $50, or $100 per month.
As time passes, investors buy more shares in the building. During that time, the property appreciates, and the loan owed on the property goes down.
The combination of the two factors increases the value of the CIT shares.
During the year the building tenants pay rent and expenses for the property. When there is money in the end that is PROFIT, investors receive an annual dividend.
What sets the CIT model apart is that we have built-in a provision to protect the shareholder’s investment from losses through a Letter of Credit.
Reasons to invest
- Start investing and build assets
- Earn Annual Dividend (minimum 2%)
- See the value of your shares appreciate over time with the appreciation of the property value and the pay-down of commercial mortgage
- Build your investment that’s protected from loss
- You can cash out at any time and every year you know what your sale price will be
- See businesses Prosper in your community
- Successful tenants means successful investment
- Create job opportunities in your neighborhood
Community Health & Engagement
- See your neighborhood change around thriving businesses
- All can participate in an economic transformation and benefit from it
- When the wider community owns a property they will take better care of it
- Increase visibility for the project and the community while creating a formal and informal hub for business and community events
- Meet your neighbors and learn why and how they get engaged and invested in their own community